Monday, June 27, 2005

Bringing Pastors to my Bachelor's Party

Bah. This is a horrible time to start a blog, but as I can't sleep, I might as well. And then go warm some milk. (It's my own fault that I can't sleep; I need to be more disciplined with my bedtime so that I don't oversleep on the weekends so that I can sleep at night. Hrm.)

Anyway, I attended a friend's bachelor party tonight, mostly guys my age. (Okay, entirely guys, most of whom were my age.) One of the thoughts that crossed my mind was "Where do we learn what it means to be like Christ at bachelor parties?" I've never heard a teaching on the subject. And they are (hopefully) one shot deals: One party per person per lifetime. And since most of us marry young (under 30, at least), most of us haven't been serious Christians a terribly long time.

So I figure the practical solution to this dilema is to invite a few pastors to my bachelor party and watch the chaos ensue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're having a bachelor party?!?

Anonymous said...

Bachelor's party? *blink* Oh, right. Heh. Someone *else's* bachelor's party. Don't scare me like that.

Anonymous said...

Ok I missed something.......since when do they call you Al? Has everyone always called you that? That makes me think of Paul Simon....singing," you can call me Al....call me Al....da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da."

What are the origins of the Bachelor party anyway? Is it a modern phenomenon?