Monday, December 12, 2005

Today's Specials

I've recently stumbled across a blog that I like. I thought I'd point out a few of the more interesting pieces.

A highly entertaining (to me) link to a link to a link about a new type of significant other: A 'friendationship'. I could just link to the original, but I like links of links of links.

Another pointed but well-taken look at how we can spin everything as God's will.

And the site of the aforementioned satire, The Holy Observer, with a couple more links to plagiarism and free will. (For those familiar with GCM, the GCM-approved dating method may be humorous. The rest of you probably won't get it.)

Also from Ochuk, this on the language of women.

5 comments:

Adam Omelianchuk said...

Hey, thanks for the props!

Anonymous said...

Now I'm wondering how usual that GCM dating thing is... how much is a joke.

Adam Omelianchuk said...

It's hard to tell isn't it? (that GCM post got me in a lot of trouble).

Al said...

T, there's enough truth in the GCM post that it is funny to me having been around various GCM circles for a while.

There's a lot of good ideas that feed into the perspective (such as serving God is the priority over finding S.O; treating the opposite sex as family). Of course, it is possible for the methods to replace the goals.

Tony...long time, no see. Do you actually keep a blog elsewhere?

Me said...

Um, I'm pretty much sure the GCM Model was actually a generic franchise sold to Campus Crusade, Navigators, SCF, BSF and a half a dozen other Christian organizations with persons of marriagable age.

Please, please, for the cause of Christ, keep making fun of it!

Al, remind me to post about this soon. And remind me to remember to clear my messages more often!