Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Only Constant: Change

Lately I've been thinking about how life is always in flux. Not necessarily truly dramatic paradigm-altering change, but a "The more things change, the more they stay the same" type change.

* I've always assumed that Steve Irwin would make video of dangerous creatures until he was fifty or sixty or seventy, and then become one of those guest commentators on TV or some such. Or not.

* Friends wander in and out of our lives...and occasionally wander back in again.

* Our pastor was commenting on how our church feels different this year than it did last year, which is different from five, ten, or fifteen years ago.

I'm also realizing all over again that I don't like change. Or rather, I like change that isn't too personal. Buying a house sounds cool. Rebuilding an entire social network doesn't. New experiences are interesting. Developing new life routines isn't. And so on.

Nothing very new for my personality and temperament, but since I haven't blogged much, I figured I'd share, especially as I'm having writers block on my more interesting thoughts.

No comments: