Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Brief Morsel

One blog I follow talks about the recent school shootings. Ironically, I came across this blog discussing the author's thoughts on some of the underlying issues.

I don't know if I have much to add at the moment, but one thought I've been thinking about is the principle that we reap what we sow. I don't mean that in a "we're such an evil bunch of people that of course we deserve to have our children randomly slaughtered" way, but more in a "When I look at the way Americans live, what values do I see us passing on to our children? Do we handle hurt, anger, rage, or fear in a constructive or healthy way? Do I want my children to be like America's role models?" way.

Here's my "Wow" question of the day: How can 65 percent of the world's richest nation live paycheck to paycheck? How can we be so wealthy and have so little savings?

And if we're not wise with money, why on earth do I expect us to be wise with law, or justice, or charity, or emotional healing, or child raising?

1 comment:

Mike said...

First topics, school shootings: bad.

Not much else can be said really. That is not to lighten the issue, but that it is bad, and that is all I have to say about that...

Second Topic, money: Dave Ramsey.

His stuff is not for everyone, and like his little preffice and closing guy says at the beginning and end of each show - each case is fact dependent might require further assistance yada yada. People, we have been trained to be stupid with money. TIME TO ACT YOUR WAGE - debt is not good.